The Markle Foundation is seeking a Manager for National Alliance Delivery to support the Rework America Alliance.
About the Markle Foundation
The Markle Foundation challenges itself and diverse partners to deploy their varied expertise to identify solutions to critical public problems and achieve systemic change. Today, as millions are unemployed and advanced technology and automation change the very nature of work, Markle’s current priority is advancing solutions that will enable workers in America to move into good jobs in the digital economy.
About the Rework America Alliance
In response to the devastating impact of the pandemic, Markle launched the Rework America Alliance a nationwide collaboration of employers, non-profits, educators, government entities, and public and private organizations. The Alliance is working to open opportunities for millions of unemployed and low wage workers to move into good jobs, particularly people of color who have been disproportionately impacted by the current economic crisis. Partners include National Urban League, NAACP, Unidos US, the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, Google, IBM, Microsoft, McKinsey & Company, North America’s Building Trades Unions, Workday and other leading businesses, labor unions, training, and workforce organizations. (The full list of members can be found on our website here).
The Rework America Alliance builds on Markle’s previous work in this field. In 2013, Markle launched its Rework America initiative to help workers have greater market power and a stronger voice in decisions that impact their lives. The Rework America Task Force was focused on how to create more good jobs and how to prepare people for them, publishing the Norton press book America’s Moment in 2015.
This work inspired the development of Markle’s Skillful initiative in 2016 in Colorado - which expanded to Indiana in 2018. Skillful has now transitioned into Markle’s Rework America Alliance. Skillful is contributing resources to the Alliance as it aims to help unemployed people across the country return to the workforce in better jobs with greater career potential.
About the Role
We are looking for a hard-working, dynamic team member who is passionate about making an impact on and serving the community. Given the entrepreneurial nature of Markle, all team members execute a diverse portfolio of projects and contribute to the learning culture through execution of pilots, supporting multiple initiatives and collaborating across teams and partner organizations.
Job Summary and Responsibilities
The Manager National Alliance Delivery will ensure successful implementation of the day-to-day execution of the Alliance Delivery activities through our local delivery partners. At a regional level, the Alliance is working with organizations that have the local knowledge, relationships, and networks in the communities they serve to get support to where it is most needed. This includes regional affiliates of Goodwill, National Urban League, Rural LISC and Unidos US, as well as local non-profits and workforce initiatives. The Manager will be the key liaison to enable and support these local organizations access, utilize and shape support from the Rework America Alliance, including Alliance capabilities to support local partners in:
- Providing resources to worker-serving organizations so their career coaches and counsellors can better support job seekers and help them identify good jobs and effective training aligned to those jobs.
- Sharing actionable job market insights on good jobs, in-demand locally and relevant to those who have been displaced during the pandemic.
- Supporting local delivery partners in working with employers to change the way they hire, advance and train workers so they open opportunities to more job seekers and access a more diverse talent pool.
- Supporting the development of community-wide networks dedicated to connecting job seekers to good jobs with opportunity for advancement and economic mobility.
- Synthesize input from workstreams within the alliance to help shape the delivery strategy by identifying needs and ways to be effective in the communities we are trying to serve.
- Support the development of engagement strategies that help the team steward partnerships in support of the Alliance mission, recognizing synergies between organizations and strategically cultivating relationships that support Alliance, especially those in the workforce space.
- Support design and implementation of relationship management efforts including convenings, webinars, and strategy calls across a broad range of organizations, including employers, educators, coaching institutions, and government.
- Represent Alliance in defined venues by attending meetings, presenting papers or reports, and speaking for and representing the organization.
- Support the development and execution of project plans that support the delivery of Alliance products services, community engagement efforts, and stakeholder management.
- Co-facilitate and document outcomes from Coaching training webinars and Coaching focused Community of Practice activities.
- Partner with the coaching team to design, schedule, and deliver discovery session for new locations and sustainability planning sessions for existing Alliance locations.
- Prepare drafts and execution documents for external use (for example, for partners and key meetings and for internal use by Markle leadership and for the Board of Directors).
- Facilitate key internal and partner meetings to solicit input and feedback, determine commonalities and reach consensus on path forward.
- All team members execute a diverse portfolio of projects across the Alliance and contribute to the learning culture through execution of pilots, supporting multiple initiatives and collaborating across teams and partner organizations.
- Degree and Credential Requirements: NONE! We value candidates who can demonstrate capability and articulate how prior experiences will help them to contribute.
- Passion for the Alliance mission and values: Displays an intellectual curiosity and passion for the Alliance mission of moving traditionally underserved people into good jobs.
- Project management experience: Demonstrated track record of managing and delivering against complex scopes and under tight timelines while maintaining high stakeholder engagement.
- Strong facilitation skills: Ability to drive conversations with disparate stakeholders and ensure meetings/strategy sessions end with tangible next steps for all parties involved.
- Understanding of the impact of systemic racism in communities of color and experience working with impacted communities. Experience driving outcomes for programs focused on racial equity and driven by voices of those from impacted communities.
- Ability to form and sustain relationships with diverse organizations including civil rights organizations and community-based organizations focused on communities of color.
- Complex problem solving: Possesses excellent conceptual and analytical problem- solving skills, with experience in tackling a range of strategic and operational issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: Emanates a collaborative demeanor to build rapport and establish credibility with partners. Applies critical interpersonal and judgment skills to affect outcomes.
- Communication skills: Demonstrated ability to clearly convey summary data from multiple sources as a set of findings.
- Nimble and strategic in the face of change: Comfortable in a fluid, changing startup that is responsive to its own successes and failures.
- Familiarity with and distinct position on the efficacy of career coaching disciplines as either a practitioner or recipient.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: Possesses a natural instinct to seek out the next challenge and think outside constraints and get things done. Operates with a clear sense of purpose while being comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- Systems Change: Demonstrated success working with leaders to influence individual, group, and ecosystem change.
- Degree Requirements: NONE! We are a skills first organization and care more about your ability to do the job than how you trained for it.
- Location: Proximity to Markle office locations (IN, NY, CO, DC) preferred; remote location may be considered. Markle offices are currently remote through January 2022.
- Title: Manager, National Alliance Delivery
- Report To: Senior Manager, National Alliance Delivery
- Term: Full-time
- Salary & Benefits: $75,000 - $90,000 base salary (depending on location and skill level), with generous benefits such as healthcare, retirement, and time off including parental leave.
- Travel: Willingness to travel on a regular basis in the future (when permissible, subject to pandemic-related travel constraints).
- To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to: [email protected].
Markle Foundation is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, military status, or veteran's status.