Skillful, Skillful Colorado, Skillful Indiana and the Skillful State Network:
Skillful, a non-profit initiative of the Markle Foundation, is dedicated to enabling all Americans – particularly those without a four-year college degree – to secure good jobs in a changing economy. In partnership with Microsoft and others, Skillful is developing skills-based training and employment practices in collaboration with state governments, local employers, educators and workforce development organizations. Skillful and its partners are working to create a labor market in which skills are valued, and people can more easily access the information and education they need to keep pace with technology’s impact on work. Skillful currently operates in two states, Skillful Colorado and Skillful Indiana, bringing investment, training, tools and innovative methods to augment local workforce development efforts. It formed and facilitates the Skillful State Network, a collaboration among 20 state governors to accelerate the development and deployment of effective skills-based practices to transform their labor markets. Skillful is grateful for support provided by Walmart, and its partnerships with the states of Colorado and Indiana, Microsoft, Lumina, Purdue University and Purdue Extensions.
We are looking for hard-working, dynamic team members who are passionate about making an impact on and serving the community. Given the entrepreneurial nature of Skillful, all team members execute a portfolio of projects and contribute to the learning culture through execution of pilots, and collaborating across teams and partner organizations.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
The Associate will support the implementation of Skillful’s Coaching Initiative which includes the Governor’s Coaching Corps and Coaching Community of Practice. Additionally, the Associate will project manage initiatives as appropriate. As is true of all Skillful team members, applicants to this position should feel comfortable wearing many hats and bearing responsibility to carry out a variety of projects across the organization.
- Support the execution of the Coaching Community of Practice and Governor’s Coaching Corps calendar of events and deliverables to connect Colorado career coaches and build their skills.
- Support the overall work plan across partners and be accountable for quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Support the alignment of vision across the ecosystem of partners and initiative members. Flags critical issues for problem solving or troubleshooting.
- Support development of playbooks and guides for Skillful’s coaching work.
- Provide event support as needed.
- Support pilot projects with partner agencies and in collaboration with other Skillful work streams.
Research and Analysis
- Assist with preparation and analysis of insights from pilot projects, feedback forms, and research related to career coaching practices.
- Test new tools and materials with coaches and gather feedback points to improve offerings.
- Identify and evaluate relevant offerings within the workforce space for possible fit with Skillful.
- Maintain feedback loops with coaches, supervisors, and other representatives cross the state.
- Assist with drafts and execution documents for external use (for example, newsletters to coaches and supervisors).
- Assist with the execution of documents required for communications about Skillful.
- Assist with document management processes across partners and industries to ensure quality control and historical archiving, e.g., of document versions and data collected.
- Basic project management experience: Demonstrated track record of managing and delivering against complex scopes and under tight timelines. Possesses strong organization skills, with ability to multitask and manage several work streams, partners / vendors, and projects at any one time.
- Complex problem solving: Possesses excellent conceptual and analytical problem solving skills, with experience in tackling a range of strategic and operational issues. Able to bring a balance of creativity and practical business judgment to issues.
- Writing: Demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely for a variety of audiences.
- Active learner: Positive attitude with an openness and willingness to learn. Demonstrates ability to receive and apply feedback and continues to improve.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: Experience providing direct service to diverse populations (Spanish speaking a plus). Emanates a collaborative demeanor to build rapport and establish credibility with partners. Applies critical interpersonal and judgment skills to affect outcomes. Has complete comfort and confidence in offering helpful advice and counsel to colleagues at all levels.
- Communication skills: Demonstrated ability to clearly convey summary data from multiple sources as a set of findings.
- Passion for the Skillful mission and value: Displays an intellectual curiosity and passion for the mission at hand. Demonstrated ability to thrive and lead in a small, analytically rigorous organization that values direct, honest, and respectful transfer of ideas.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: Possesses a natural instinct to seek out the next challenge and think outside constraints and get things done. Operates with a clear sense of purpose while being comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- Analytics experience: Ability to summarize detailed data, identify trends, and draw insights from the data. Able to make recommendations based on conclusions.
- Career/Academic Advisement: Demonstrated knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for career counseling and guidance.
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Title: Senior Associate
- Report: Manager
- Term: Full-time
- Salary & Benefits: Competitive
- Travel: Ability to travel within Colorado and willingness to travel out of state
- Applying: Please submit cover letter and resume to Katherine Keegan at the link below by end of day Sunday, December 2nd, 2018
Skillful is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, military status, or veteran's status.