Gov.-elect Jared Polis on Friday announced who will help him run the state’s government.
His list of cabinet appointments includes former U.S. Rep. Betsy Markey, who will lead the Office of Economic Development and Trade, and former state lawmaker Angie Paccione, who will lead the Department of Higher Education.
Other cabinet appointments include:
- Stan Hilkey, Department of Public Safety
- Patty Salazar, Department of Regulatory Agencies
- Michael Conway, Division of Insurance
- Shoshana Lew, Colorado Dept. of Transportation
- Kim Bimestefer, Health Care Policy & Financing
- Dean Williams, Department of Corrections
- Joe Barela, Department of Labor
- Kate Greenberg, Department of Agriculture
- Will Toor, Colorado Energy Office
“I am looking forward to rolling up my sleeves and getting to work with these outstanding and inspiring cabinet appointees,” Polis said in a news release. “I know together we will lead our state in a positive direction for all Coloradans.”
Most cabinet appointments must be approved by the state Senate.