Time Commitment: Short, self-paced courses take 30 to 90 minutes to complete. The total training series takes less that 20 hours to complete.
Format: Online training series comprised of four units each containing four to six courses that can be completed over time. The training is presented as engaging animated videos, interactive quizzes, downloadable guides, and includes instruction on how to use key tools and resources recommended in the training.
Cost: Free of charge.
How to register: Please contact us if you would like to register for this training series or learn more about career coach training for your organization.
Unit: Skills-Based Coaching (4 courses)
Understand how to help job seekers identify opportunities they otherwise may feel they are not qualified for based on experience and credentials, by focusing on the skills they have and those needed for the job they want. Use job market data to identify non-linear job opportunities which are achievable based on the skills they hold or could learn, and the options available to gain new skills. Coach clients on how to articulate their skills in a resume and during an interview.
- A Skills-Based Job Search
- Skills-Based Resume
- Skills-Based Interview
- Skills-Based Job Progression
Unit: Human-Centered Coaching (5 courses)
Learn how to embed human-centered coaching skills into daily practice to better support clients. Build a relationship with your client that provides more insight into their needs and understand how to empower them to consciously choose how they change or advance their career path.
- Human-Centered Coaching and Its Importance
- Emotional Intelligence and Human-Centered Coaching
- The Flow of Human-Centered Coaching – Pathway to Empowerment
- Coach the Coach: 11 Feedback Points
- Human-Centered Coaching in Practice
Unit: Effective and Equitable Career Navigation (5 courses)
Learn how to identify the impact of racial inequity and better understand job seekers’ personal barriers and challenges and the significance to their job search. Understand what tools and strategies can be used to mitigate barriers caused by biases and inequality to help meet a client’s goals.
- Introduction to Racial Equity for Workforce Professionals
- The Benefits Cliff – Understanding the importance of benefit loss due to wage increases.
- Strategies to Effectively Identify Client Needs
- Creating the Personalized Service Plan
- Labor Market Information 101
Unit: Skills for Navigating a Digital World
Learn how to adeptly navigate the digital environment and use digital resources and tools when assisting the clients. Build the skills needed to help clients overcome digital literacy barriers in their job search.
- Lifelong Learner
- Empowered Worker
- Digital Citizen
- Solution Seeker
- Mindful Colleague
- Digital Literacy Resource Bank for Job Seekers