- Compared to patients, a higher percentage of doctors disagree that patients can learn a lot of helpful information by communicating with other patients online.
- The public and doctors surveyed use social media in comparable proportions.
- Very few patients and doctors say they’d like to be friends on a social networking site like Facebook.
- Patient and doctor use of social media, both separately and together, is an area that requires much more study.
- From this limited battery, few firm conclusions can be drawn.